In the midst of all the jet-setting, road-tripping, and beach-going this summer, we hope you also manage to unplug, recharge, and refill your ‘me’ tank. We put together a list of our favorite podcasts, videos, and must-read articles, our most popular Creative-Executive content, and some of the books we’re planning to tackle this season.
Bookmark this list for your next poolside break!
Our Most Viewed Blogs + Social Posts
- Risk creates cohesion and motivation in ways that the status quo can’t.
- Our careers last 40+ years and span many chapters. Is it time to check in on your narrative?
- Before rushing to the altar together, these 10 questions will help you form a better business partnership.
- We teamed up with #productivity guru @mnthomas to help you find your 2016 success plan!
- What knocks us off course is universal, here’s how to regain your footing.
- New boss messing with your mojo? Here’s how to not let it stall your progress.
- You must take your future into your own hands, Creative Executive. Here’s how.
- Pause for a second and check-in with your team. Don’t let damaging dynamics take hold.
- Priorities: does your day-to-day mesh with your long-term? An exercise to help you figure out your non-negotiables.
Most Viewed Articles of Others
- Quit Social Media. Your Career May Depend on It. (Yes, we get the irony of sharing on social media!) via @nytimes
- Debbie Millman on how to recover from rejection, how to overcome personal crises of faith, and lessons from her most impactful mentors via Tim Ferris
- ‘Traditional answers have included time management and multi-tasking, neither of which works. Only attention management can slay the productivity-stealing dragon of distraction.’ – Maura Thomas of RegainYourTime
- One of my favorite quotes – on failure – from GQ’s profile of Stephen Colbert
- ‘Though most employees care what leadership thinks of them, they are actually quite rational in paying attention to what leadership does, not what they say.’ Dr. Cameron Sepah
Books I’m dying, I mean trying, to read:
- Iron John
- The Road by Cormac McCarthy
- The Subtle Art of Not Giving a F*ck: A Counterintuitive Approach to Living a Good Life
- Work Without Walls: An Executive’s Guide to Attention Management, Productivity, and the Future of Work
- Immunity to Change: How to Overcome It and Unlock the Potential in Yourself and Your Organization (Leadership for the Common Good)
- The Complacent Class
- The Undoing Project: A Friendship That Changed Our Minds
- Don’t Hurt People and Don’t Take Their Stuff: A Libertarian Manifesto
Favorite Purchase This Year 🙂